By Ingrid Nelson
So, you need help paying for your education at THE TEMPLE? The FAFSA isn’t as scary and confusing as you might think. Follow the steps below for what to do and what NOT to do when filling out your FAFSA for your cosmetology education.
This video introduces you to what this process looks like:
What to Do:
- Get an FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov
- Dependent Student? Parent needs an FSA ID too
- Visit fsaid.ed.gov
- Sign in with Student’s FSA ID
- Choose the 2017/2018 FAFSA
- Add our school code: 041518
- Use 2015 tax information
- Sign with Student’s (and Parent’s, if necessary) FSA ID
- Results will arrive at THE TEMPLE in 3-5 business days
What NOT to Do:
- Losing or Forgetting your FSA ID – write it down, take a picture, save in your phone!
- Losing or Forgetting your FSA ID!
- Forgetting to sign the FAFSA – all results will be blank
- Using the wrong tax information – 2017/2018 FAFSA uses 2015 taxes
- We are THE TEMPLE: A Paul Mitchell Partner School – not Temple University
If you have a tour of our campus in the future, fill out your FAFSA now! We can review your results with a member of our Financial Aid Team after your tour. Just remember it takes 3-5 business days for your results to arrive.
We look forward to meeting you and helping make your cosmetology dreams come true!
About Ingrid: Ingrid brings years of real-world experience to THE TEMPLE. She was a Makeup Artist and Beauty Advisor for Elizabeth Arden, Lancôme and Jolie Day Spa & Hair Design in Bethesda, Maryland. She also has experience with the business side of beauty, having been Retail Manager, Assistant Director and Spa Director for Jolie Day Spa & Hair Design. In her time at THE TEMPLE, she has had the privilege of being on the Service Desk Team, Makeup Team for Lingerie Fashion Week 2013 & 2014 in New York City, Education Team & Enrollment Team. She loves to impart her years of experience to the next generation of our industry here at THE TEMPLE.