Guest artist application
Thank you for your interest in sharing your passion and expertise with our Future Professionals. Guest Presentations are a rewarding experience that allows you the opportunity to make an impact on the future of our industry while representing the benefits your clinic classroom may offer.
General Guidelines for Presentation:
Timeline: 11⁄2–2 hours
Introduction: Introduce yourself and other members of your team. Explain what the Future Professionals will learn during your time together.
Present an overview of yourself and your clinic classroom business:
- What is it about yourself and/or your clinic classroom that you are proud of?
- What is your personal story/journey?
- Why do you like our industry?
- What services are offered at your clinic classroom?
Present a description of how your clinic classroom operates:
- Describe any in-clinic classroom training or additional education benefits your clinic classroom may offer.
- Is your clinic classroom involved in any additional activities, such as:
- Industry competitions such as NAHA
- Community activities and charitable causes
Technical presentation: All hair-related demonstrations must always result in a finished look. Our Future Professionals are often willing to be models or you may bring your own. If you would like us to provide a model, please arrange this prior to the day of your presentation.
Possible options are:
- Haircutting and styling
- Hair color techniques and styling
- Finishing techniques with blow dryers, all types of curling and flat irons, hot rollers, etc.
- Special occasion styles such as weddings and proms
Feel free to share information on any additional areas of expertise such as:
- Guest retention
- Take HomeSM sales success and the important role it plays in your clinic classroom and with your guests
- Interviewing and image
- Business building
- Marketing yourself
- How to sell services and Take HomeSM from behind the chair
- Identifying your perfect clinic classroom
Career opportunities: Explain the available career opportunities in your clinic classroom. Include future opportunities for graduates as well as any current positions you may have open, such as a receptionist position. Include the following:
- How to apply for a position in your clinic classroom
- What the clinic classroom is looking for when you interview Future Professionals for a job
- Would you allow them to visit your clinic classroom for a few hours or a day? If so please describe what that would look like and any requirements you have.
- Contact information for you and your clinic classroom
Question and answer: Try to answer questions as they arise during the presentation, and allow about 10 minutes of additional time at the end for general questions.
Items you may want to bring or include in your presentation:
- clinic classroom menu
- Pictures of the clinic classroom
- Articles about the clinic classroom
- Any written materials you have about employment at your clinic classroom
- Business cards
- Calendar of upcoming events and education for your clinic classroom
Please plan to arrive 20–30 minutes prior to your scheduled presentation time. Prior to your visit, be sure to advise us of any needs you may have for your time with our team.
For guest artists outside the clinic classroom industry, please review the outline above and adapt it to your specific industry, passions, and area of expertise.
Please note: Our schools do not allow guest artists to present any items or services for sale. You may, however, share your contact information with them, should they wish to follow up on any of your programs.