Our award-winning cosmetology classes at The TEMPLE: A Paul Mitchell Partner School, cover all aspects of the beauty industry including design, cutting, coloring, multicultural techniques, makeup, fashion trends, manicuring, pedicuring, basic facials, and the art of hairdressing. To create well-rounded Future Professionals, our hair classes are taught in three-phases that build upon skills learned in previous phases.
The State of Maryland requires 1500 clock hours for graduation and testing in Cosmetology. During the first 350 hours, you will be in the Core Phase. Your time in Core is spent in classroom work consisting of lecture, demonstrations, practice on manikins and evaluations. Upon completion of 350 hours, turning in all your assigned work, maintaining all grade and attendance levels, and upon recommendation of your Learning Leader, you will advance to the Adaptive Phase and be permitted to practice on guests in our clinic. From Adaptive, you will transition into the Creative Phase where you will finish your education. All of your time during Adaptive and Creative Phases will be spent on practical work, additional advancement lectures, class projects and complete subject reviews as well as salon management techniques. Once you have successfully finished 1380 hours of the course, you can apply for permission to take the Maryland State Board of Cosmetology Exam, then sit for the THEORY portion of the exam. When you have successfully completed the course (1500 hours), and the Board of Cosmetology issues you your test date, you may sit for the Practical portion of the exam.
All courses are taught in English. The course includes extensive instruction and practical experience in cutting, hair coloring, perming, nail care, skin care, customer service, personal appearance & hygiene, personal motivation & development, retail skills, client record keeping, business ethics, as well as sanitation, state laws & regulations, salon type administration, and job interviewing.
The Cosmetology curriculum is approved for VA educational benefits.
The TEMPLE: A Paul Mitchell Partner School is accredited by NACCAS and uses its calculation for student placement based on each program offered. NACCAS shows that for the most recent annual reporting period that the program has a placement rate of 96.09%.
On-time completion is defined by the U.S. Department of Education as anyone who graduates within the normal completion time. When a student completes their graduation requirements, including all theory and practical assignments, and the required number of clock hours contracted for within their original contracted graduation date, that student is considered to have graduated on-time. If a student delays their graduation for any reason, such as family responsibilities, day care issues, and other life events, which causes them to graduate after their original contract end date they are not considered an on-time graduate. Please note that our graduation rates that are provided in the school catalog are based on how many students started the program and how many completed within the reporting period. The on-time graduation rate is 96% .
The TEMPLE: A Paul Mitchell Partner School’s Performance Statistics for the Calendar Year 2014
- Graduation Rate (as determined by NACCAS): 73.14%
- Completion Rate (as determined by MHEC): 94%
- Licensure Rate (as determined by NACCAS): 97.46%
- Licensure Rate (as determined by MHEC): 98%
- Placement Rate (as determined by NACCAS): 96.09%
- Placement Rate (as determined by WIA-MD): 91%
- Retention Rate (as determined for 1st time students by IPEDS): 94%
- Graduation Rate (as determined for all students by IPEDS): 92%
Supplies, Kit and Tuition Costs
- Tuition: $17,000.00
Application Fee (due with Application): $100
Enrollment Fee (due after acceptance): $50
Equipment Textbook, and Supplies: $3,000.00
Median Loan Debt
- 2012–2013 Title 4:$9933 Private:$0.00 Institutional:$0.00
- 2011–2012 Title 4:$9500 Private:$0.00 Institutional:$0.00
- 2010–2011 Title 4:$7925 Private:$0.00 Institutional:$0.00
- 2009–2010 Title 4:$0.00 Private:$0.00 Institutional:$0.00
Student Educational Materials
- Cutting System DVD Box Set, ISBN 978-0-9743205-2-6, $300.00
- Cutting System Cutting Cards, ISBN N/A, $10.00
- The Cutting Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-4-0, $32.00
- Color System DVD Box Set, ISBN 978-0-9743205-1-9, $300.00
- The Coloring Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-3-3, $26.00
- Color System Skill Cards, ISBN N/A, $14.50
- Paul Mitchell Product Guide Workbook, ISBN N/A, $2.50
- Connecting to My Future Book, ISBN 0-9743205-0-1, $19.95
- Be Nice (Or Else!) Book, ISBN-13: 978-0-974-993-99-7, $23.95
- Behind the Bottle CD, ISBN N/A $3.00
- Multiple Intelligence Letter
- Success for the Modern Salon CD, $40.00
- 1 Plugged In thumb drive, Plugged In membership, and MASTERS Audio Club subscription throughout enrollment (minimum 1 year), ISBN N/A, $30.00
- 1 Color paper swatch chart
- 1 PM Shines paper swatch chart
- 1 Blonding Brochure 2012
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 Textbook, ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5930-2 (Hardcover), $104.95
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 Coursemate. ISBN-13: 978-1-1336-1541-5, $174.95
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 On-Line Prep, ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5899-2, $31.50
WANT TO START YOUR JOURNEY TO A NEW CAREER?
The TEMPLE: A Paul Mitchell Partner School is offering the next few start dates:
October 19, 2020
Mon–Tue: 9am–8pm • Wed: 9am–4:30pm
28 Hours (Day)
August 24, 2020 *
November 30, 2020
Mon: 9am–5pm • Tues–Fri 9am–4:30pm
35 Hours (Day)
September 21, 2020
20 Hours (Night)
Day Class | Wednesday – Saturday
10:00am – 4:00pm
October 21, 2020
*Friday, Aug 21, 2020 we will be hosting a Core Orientation to get to know you and let you know what to expect joining our program and becoming a Future Professional. Please ensure you download and have the Zoom App on your phone or computer to join us from 9am - 10am Eastern Standard time.
Monday, Aug 24: We are excited to officially kick off your first day. This will be filled with great ways to engage and know your classmates, as well start your journey in the Beauty Industry. You will be with us logging in from Monday -Friday, 9am - 1pm.
Tuesday, Aug 25: Core Curbside Distance Learning Kit Pick Up, everything you need from I-pad Apps, Make-Up Kit, supplies, to support the distance learning experience. Time to start and more info announced on Friday Aug 16. The rest of your Kit and items will arrive the week of Sept 7, 2020 and will be available for you to come enjoy what we like to call “Kitmas”.
Monday, Sept 21: Kick off your first day with your On Campus Schedule that will resume to be Monday-Tuesday 9am-8pm, Wed 9am-4:30pm